1. Halo Guest, pastikan Anda selalu menaati peraturan forum sebelum mengirimkan post atau thread baru.

Domain Revenue Disappearing!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xrvel, Mar 17, 2008.

1. xrvel

xrvel Super Hero

Diambil dari
    === start :D ===

Google is loosing money - stocks are dropping - explanations at the next share holder meeting should be very interesting. Unfortunately, they can afford this type of business play.

Yahoo - whatever they've got up their sleeves, they seem to forget that, even if they artificially deflate their revenue and shy MSFT away from the table, they truly play into the hands of only ONE entity - GOOG.

If anyone falls for the illusion that GOOG would let YHOO back into the market - wake up and smell the roses.

GOOG is out to do one thing and one thing only - dominate the marketplace of the future, regardless of how many unethical tricks they have to play, how many jobs get cut, how many parking companies & domainers loose their revenue and definitely disregarding the advertisers dollars at the same time.

Unfortunately, the advertiser doesn't have much of a choice. Effective online advertising practically HAS to include GOOG's machinery in one way or another. This may be a fact that's completely to dislike, but definitely not to discredit.

GOOG's excuse? "It's the bigger picture." It's what's right in terms of user experience. If GOOG dislikes your content, whether this be a parked OR developed site, they'll slap you with a mystic algorithm and let you guess what you can do to truly improve your rankings or CPC values.
    The bottom line; it's smoke and mirrors. There's only one true winner. It's not the advertiser, it's not the parking companies, it's definitely not us - it's GOOG. They have enough capital and blatant disregard to their investors to let their stocks decline to accomplish the mission of killing everyone else in the field. Logically, once the mission is accomplished, stocks will inevitably rise as there will be only limited competition.

Nothing new i'm telling anyone here. Even if you didn't consider it, once you lean back and really think about it, i'm actually just stating the obvious.

So, the question is. What's left to do? For one - quit using Google as a search engine. For another, stop all existing arbitrage and re-allocate to other providers. The only reasonable way, as illogical as it may sound, is to hurt them at their own game. Advertise, but advertise elsewhere. Search, but search elsewhere.
    One parking company, one domainer owner, one webmaster, one user at a time. After just a few weeks of combined re-allocation of funds, traffic and user behavior and the landscape might look a little bit different than it does today.

Yahoo? Not an obvious choice. Ask? Might be a contender. MSFT? Would be my personal pick. They are the second largest player and the only ones that can level the playing field. Other small ones? Possibly. Consider them a pool provider.

Now, in my own defense, maybe i shouldn't have had that bottle of Spanish white wine tonight ;) but i firmly believe that the above presents a possible way to succeed and make some voices heard that GOOG notoriously decides to ignore.
    To make it clear: I'm not talking boycott or trying to rally the troops, all i'm talking about is shifting weight. From the GOOG foot to the other foot.

Last point in this relatively large "rant":
    Where's the alliance of parking providers? Where are the conversations, meetings, strategy sessions of Parked.com, Sedo.com, Fabulous.com, NameDrive.com and whoever else is out there? We can create T.R.A.F.F.I.C auctions and Domainer Roundtables but this industry as a hole fails to unite? I'm either completely missing it, or there's still the mentality of "I'm out on my own" going on.

Think people, Think! At this time, we're letting GOOG do the thinking for us.